Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Self-made Man?

The good which I would, I do not; but the evil which I would not, that I do.[ Paul. Romans 7:19.]


I can not raise myself up by my bootstraps. I am not a "self-made man".  I identify deeply with my brother, the Apostle Paul, in his confession. It is my confession also.


What I can do is receive the gift that my Creator offers me through His Son, Jesus Christ my Lord--the gift of forgiveness and cleansing from all unrighteousness. [1John 1:9]. I underline "all" in my mind when I think of this verse because Satan likes to comvince me that, because I continue to have a sinful disposition,  I am dirty.  When I turn to Christ, He asks me what motivates my heart. I will always answer, "Your Love." And He will always respond, "Then you are clean."  His Love keeps me on the Pathway to heaven; and further and further away from my sinful tendencies.  Like Paul, "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord!" [Romans 7:25a]. 

No comments:

Post a Comment