Friday, December 7, 2018

Night-time Prayer


Lord, it is night.

The night is for stillness. Let us be still in the presence of God.

Difficulty sleeping?  Pray this prayer meditatively. Let the words go deep and come from deep within you. 


It is night after a long day.
What has been done has been done; what has not been done has not been done; 
let it be.

The night is dark.
I bring my fears of the darkness of this world and of my own life to
rest in you.

The night is quiet.
I allow the quietness of your peace to enfold me,
and pray for all who are dear to me to be enfolded in Your peace,
and for all who have no peace.

The night heralds the dawn.
I look expectantly with secure hope to a new day,
new joys,
new possibilities.

In Christ Jesus' holy name I pray.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment